Differentiating a substack from a mainstack

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Wed Nov 20 18:18:07 EST 2013

On 11/20/13 4:36 PM, Peter Haworth wrote:
> Thanks Scott.  Tried that and the owner is empty whether I'm creating a
> main stack or a substack.  Once again, it doesn't end up that way, just
> within the scope of a front script openStack/newStack handler.
>
> Maybe this is a change in how stacks are created depending on which LC
> version?  These tests were done using LC 5.5.4.

I think it will depend on when you check. Logically it would go
something like this:

1. New stack is made: name is a long ID number, owner is empty
2. New stack is given a name: either a passed parameter or "Untitled",
owner is empty
3. New stack is assigned as a substack: owner is mainstack

I wonder if messages are locked while the naming and owner assignment
are going on so you aren't getting all of them. How/when do you check
the name?

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com