Help with Xcode SDK's etc.

Lars Brehmer larsbrehmer at mac.com
Wed Nov 20 16:02:35 EST 2013

Who can help me out here?

Until recently had Xcode 4.4.1 as the mobile support. This worked fine with the iPad simulator and building iOS standalones. When I upgraded to Xcode 5 (now I have 5.0.2) I couldn't get the simulator to work and couldn't make iOS standalones. This surely has to do with the SDK's and other componentsthat need to be installed. I never figured it out and eventually made 4.4.1 the mobile suport again, but I guess installing Xcode 5 changed some SDK files and components. Now using 4.4.1 again I can at least make the iOS standalones, but I can't use the simulator.

I only use Xcode as LiveCode mobile support and and have no idea how to use it for anything else or how to work with it.

Can anyone tell me what I need to do to restore Xcode 4.4.1's componentsetc. so I can use the simulator again? Or better yet, how do I set up Xcode 5.02 to use as mobile support (simulator & standalones?)

For one thing, when assigning 4.4.1 as mobile support in the liveCode, you just navigate to the app itself, and choose it but with 5.0.2, when I select the app it says it isn't a valid SDK. I have no idea how to find the SDK and I don't know whether it even resides on my mac.

It is very time consuming to test dozens of changes when each time I must save the standalone, delete the old app from the iPad, delete the old app from iTunes, import the new app into iTunes and sync with the iPad - very tedious indeed, and I've done it 150 times in the last 5 days! So any tips are greatly appreciated!

Cheers,

Lars