RELEASE: LiveCode 6.5 RC6

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Wed Nov 20 15:32:48 EST 2013

Alejandro Tejada wrote:

 > Bug hunting is a daily routine in software developer's life.

True, but developers all need to split their time between testing their
own stuff and testing the other systems their stuff relies on.

For example, I'm not sure how much time RunRev devotes to submitting bug
reports for each new version of OS X or Ubuntu, and my own testing
efforts focus similarly on my clients' work first, and LC engine second.

 > What do you think?
 > Should we invent unique names for these bugs, besides a number?

The current setup is generally fine, but if it were up to me (and many
are glad it isn't) I'd make only two small adjustments:

1. Email notices of releases would only include the fixes and
enhancements specific to the release.

2. I would label a build "Release Candidate" only when it's a candidate
for release.  Anything with outstanding known issues would continue to
be labeled "Developer Preview" until those are resolved.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World