What does "stack was produced by a newer version" mean?

Peter Haworth pete at lcsql.com
Mon Nov 18 17:49:43 EST 2013

On Mon, Nov 18, 2013 at 1:47 PM, J. Landman Gay <jacque at hyperactivesw.com>wrote:

> "Script Security changes (6.0 RC4)
> We've refactored script security out of the main engine into a module in
> preparation for dual licence support.
> We've updated the hash used by the security module. Stacks that have their
> password set in RC4 will not be unlockable in previous versions."
>
> This apparently didn't make it into the dictionary.

Thanks Jacque.  It seems this is another example of the situation with the
clear option of ask password.  As someone mentioned in that thread, things
that cause backward compatibility issues probably should have a separate
very clearly labelled section in the release notes and also be mentioned in
the release announcements.

Pete
lcSQL Software <http://www.lcsql.com>