More on Resolution Independence

Thomas McGrath III mcgrath3 at mac.com
Mon Nov 18 10:17:32 EST 2013

To me these are both useful (resolution Independence and Full screen mode) but not nearly as useful as a ‘working’ geometry manager would be based on percentages and ratios would be. It’s nice having LC controls drawn correctly, but I don’t use many of the LC controls in iOS apps. SO that means that all of my embedded images in my custom controls need to either have custom resizing handlers (as they do now) or I need to re-create all of my controls as referenced images to take advantage of these helpful additions to LC.

When I develop for iOS I also develop for seven different sizes and even more for Android. How is RI handling those?? I haven’t yet used it for the full graph of sizes.

Tom

-- Tom McGrath III
http://lazyriver.on-rev.com
mcgrath3 at mac.com