Standalones and Linux

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Thu Nov 14 16:33:18 EST 2013

Andrew Kluthe wrote:

> Is there anyway I can remove the theming that livecode applications inherit
> from the system on linux?
>
> We have a stand alone that was designed for windows and when I stick that
> on a fresh-out-the-can ubuntu 12.04 the fonts, buttons etc are incredibly
> ugly. All of my buttons turn orange and the fonts as a whole get very
> large. Some of these things like the fonts I know will have to be reworked
> for the linux verson but I can hardly stand all of my buttons being orange
> by default.
>
> Is there a way to turn off livecode doing this kind of theming of my apps?

By default, LiveCode does a pretty good job of adopting the themes on
whatever OS it's running on:  Windows looks like Windows, Mac looks like
Mac, and Ubuntu looks like Ubuntu.

If you want to make a Mac app look like Ubuntu, or an Ubuntu app look
like Windows, you can explicitly set the properties you want to change.

For example, Ubuntu users are accustomed to seeing the OS theme color
orange for highlights, but you can set the hiliteColor of controls to
something else if you want.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World