Why does this line work in IDE, fail in standalone?

tbodine lvhdgc7 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 14 13:30:20 EST 2013

Hi gurus.

This line of code copies a button to a new stack. Works great in the IDE.
Fails in my standalone (v6.1.1, Windows XP).

copy button "Master Round" of card "Home" to card "index" of stack
gActiveFile

I also tried:

clone button "Master Round" of card "Home" to card "index" of stack
gActiveFile

They fail in slightly different ways: I used newButton message to detect any
action, and copy does not fire the newButton handler, but clone does.
However, neither copy or clone creates the button in the target stack in the
standalone.

The target stack (gActiveFile) is a new, empty stack created as a user data
file.

Thanks for any help! Been hammering on this for hours and hours.

Tom Bodine