Algorithm for Direction Change upon Collision

Ender Nafi Elekcioglu endernafi at gmail.com
Tue Nov 12 19:46:14 EST 2013

Jim hi,

It will be a sparkle animation.
I know that it’s a useless gimmick for a business app,
but my customer insists on it.

Touching a control should throw a couple of sparkles, little curved elliptic images.
Tricky part is if they collide new -but less in amount- sparkles should be generated.
After 3 - 4 seconds, the animation will end.

Hockey pucks is my initial phase to construct the basic handlers of generating objects and handling collision.
Since the objects are too small, I’ve noticed in my tests that swapping the directions on collision is good enough.
There is no need to deal with momentum in my case.

By the way, I downloaded Kaleidoscope; I’ll study it.

Thanks…

~ Ender Nafi