Script for executable idle timer

Phil Davis revdev at pdslabs.net
Tue Nov 12 19:06:24 EST 2013

Improved code (that doesn't die if user clicks "OK" while timer is
running). Watch for line wraps:

-- Button script:
on mouseUp
     start using this stack
     send "updateDialog 9" to fld id 1006 of stack "answer dialog" in 1
second
     answer "Your world will end in 10 seconds."
end mouseUp

-- Stack script:
command updateDialog pTime
     if "answer dialog" is among the lines of the openStacks then
         if pTime = 0 then
             click at the loc of btn "OK" of stack "answer dialog"
         else
             put "Your world will end in" && pTime && "seconds." into
the target
             subtract 1 from pTime
             send "updateDialog pTime" to the target in 1 second
         end if
     end if
end updateDialog

Phil

On 11/12/13, 3:51 PM, Phil Davis wrote:
> No need to modify the answer dialog. This works:
>
> In a button on my test stack:
>
>    on mouseUp
>        start using this stack
>        send "updateDialog 9" to fld id 1006 of stack "answer dialog" in
>    1 second
>        answer "Your world will end in 10 seconds."
>    end mouseUp
>

> In the script of my test stack:
>
>    command updateDialog pTime
>         if pTime = 0 then
>             click at the loc of btn "OK" of stack "answer dialog"
>         else
>             put "Your world will end in" && pTime && "seconds." into
>    the target
>             subtract 1 from pTime
>             send "updateDialog pTime" to the target in 1 second
>         end if
>    end updateDialog
>

> Except my world didn't end when the dialog closed. That will require
> more code.
>
> Phil Davis
>

> On 11/12/13, 3:05 PM, Devin Asay wrote:
>> On Nov 12, 2013, at 3:45 PM, Mark Wieder wrote:
>>
>>> Devin-

>>> In the script of the first card of the dialog box:
>>>
>>> on openCard
>>>   send "closeMe" to me in 10 seconds
>>> end openCard
>>>
>>> on closeMe
>>>   close this stack
>>> end closeMe
>> So you'd have to modify the ask and answer dialog stacks in the IDE?
>>
>> Devin
>>
>> Devin Asay
>> Learn to code with LiveCode University
>> http://university.livecode.com