Congratulations

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Sat Nov 9 16:26:44 EST 2013

Richmond wrote:

> On 9.11.2013 00:14, Richard Gaskin wrote:
>>
>> http://www.prweb.com/releases/2013/11/prweb11298262.htm
>
> YES; congratulations are in order!
>
> BUT; having tried a 'Joint Venture' business plan in a (just-ex) communist
> country and getting badly burnt, and having been on the periphery of several
> in the Arabian Gulf, I would urge caution.
>
> Sorry to be a damp squib. I sincerely hope my warnings are 100% unnecessary,
> and RunRev's Chinese adventure brings nothing but success and smiles all
> round.

There are risks with any new venture, and certainly the more different
the culture, the greater the opportunities for misunderstandings that
can lead to difficulty.

But in this case the joint venture has something few such efforts have:
  Andy Parng.

I've known Andy for literally decades, going back to my early years in
the SuperCard community (where Kevin cut his teeth as well).

What Andy brings to the table is not only a Ph.D in Human Factors and a
pedigree that includes having written large portions of the Mac HIG, but
he's also a serial entrepreneur with extensive experience with
businesses in China.  He knows the ins and outs of the culture, the
politics, and is both well connected and well respected.

Every angel investor and VC I've talked to says that with the projects
brought to them to consider funding, the tech isn't the most important
thing they look at, it's the team.   They figure that tech changes and
the competitive environment changes, but if the core team is good they
can navigate any waters.

All things considered, this new joint venture is about as well
established as one could hope, very promising.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World