HTTPS

Monte Goulding monte at sweattechnologies.com
Wed Nov 6 22:11:29 EST 2013

On 07/11/2013, at 1:33 PM, Monte Goulding wrote:

>> If I recall correctly from my discussions with Mark Wadingham on this, the
>> issue is a technical one with sockets. When using CONNECT the socket starts
>> out normally but then must be upgraded to a secure connection. LiveCode
>> sockets don't have this capability. So implementing CONNECT isn't possible
>> at the moment.
>
> Ah... I thought it was client HTTP <-> proxy <-> server HTTPS sounds like I was wrong

Hmm.. it kinda looks like it wouldn't be that complicated to add a secure socket command. I could be wrong but it looks to me like it's just modifying the secure boolean and the sslstate before you want to start reading or writing with SSL...

--
M E R Goulding
Software development services

mergExt - There's an external for that!