HTTPS

Nakia Brewer Nakia.Brewer at westrac.com.au
Tue Nov 5 21:21:04 EST 2013

Hi,

I have asked about this issue on the Forum some time ago but never got back to testing it further.
I have a desktop application that needs to communicate to a REST API over HTTPS and I am having issues with what I think is a certificate problem when I try and use the application on my work network.
NOTE - This issues doesn't occur at my home network.

So, to explain the issue.
When I do a HTTPS Request (Via GET) I get returned a Error 10061 on socket
-          IT can NOT see my request at the Proxy

Now if I do a simple HTTP Request (Via GET) it works correctly
-          IT can confirm they are seeing  my request at the Proxy.

I have tried setting the libUrlSetSSlVerification false but to no avail.
I don't know much about SSL or anything but is it fair for me to assume that the work network is denying my connection because it is HTTPS without a certificate?
If that is the case I have found how to point to certificates but have no idea where/how to generate a certificate that would be valid so the connection works?

I hope this makes some sense and I look forward to any idea's you all may have!

Thanks
Nakia

COPYRIGHT / DISCLAIMER: This message and/or including attached files may contain confidential proprietary or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, you are strictly prohibited from using, reproducing, disclosing or distributing the information contained in this email without authorisation from WesTrac. If you have received this message in error please contact WesTrac on +61 8 9377 9444. We do not accept liability in connection with computer virus, data corruption, delay, interruption, unauthorised access or unauthorised amendment. We reserve the right to monitor all e-mail communications.