Commas in stack names

Monte Goulding monte at sweattechnologies.com
Tue Nov 5 18:05:16 EST 2013

On 06/11/2013, at 9:40 AM, J. Landman Gay wrote:

> I have a tool that builds stacks. The stack name is pulled from a text file, and sometimes the name has a comma. We can't change that. When the build tool sets the stack name, the engine replaces commas with underscores.
>
> The standalone that runs these stacks tries to go to a stack of the original name, pulled from a display list, but it is no longer valid because the engine changed it and navigation fails. So I have a bunch of fixing to do.
>
> So I'm wondering why stacks can't have commas in their names. Cards can.

There's a comment in the source where comma is replaced with _ just saying it's not allowed but not saying why. It's possibly not the best idea to have commas in any object name just incase there's any code that creates comma delimited lists with object names in them but I can't see any real reason why stack names are treated differently. You should possibly file a docs bug on this.

Cheers

--
M E R Goulding
Software development services