OT: Time Machine Alternatives?

JB sundown at pacifier.com
Sat Nov 2 23:06:59 EDT 2013

Hi Mark,

In my response to your message I stated that I have never had any
problem with linked-files in Time Machine.  I know Halloween was
a few days ago but I think you need to consider your powers.  Now
one of my folders has been hexed.  It appears to be linking to a
different folder on my hard drive instead of the original folder and
when I view my Tima Machine backup all of the folders have been
changed to view the same improper link.

I suspect the problem was created somehow by Apple TV/  I have
recently installed Apple TV and when I used it to play songs from
iTunes everything was fine but when I shuffled the songs to play
soon after I noticed the problem and went to Time Machine to
restore my original folder and they were all linked wrong too.

I know this is not the problem you had but it is related to links
and Time Machine.  I suspect all the files are still there they
just are not being seen due to a corrupted link.

I have no reason to believe you intended to hex me so I am
not going to thank you.

-=>JB<=-