Substack to Main stack message path

MCLAWHORN, TONY ABMCLAWH at mailbox.sc.edu
Fri May 31 07:18:26 EDT 2013

Situation:   One mainstack with 6 unlocked fields and one substack with 6 unlocked fields.

I copy text from one of the fields in the substack and verify that it is in clipboardData["text"] which it is.  I would like to then be able to click on an unlocked text field in the mainstack and have it immediately paste the text into that field.  I have an "openField" handler in each of the 6 unlocked fields of the mainstack.  My thinking was the "openField" handler for each field in the mainstack would be run since I clicked on that field but apparently the message path is not what I'm thinking it should be when going straight from a substack and clicking on an object in the mainstack.

Whats happening:   If I were to click on field 3 in the mainstack with text in the clipboard from the substack, field 1 would be the field the text gets pasted into.  So it appears that the first object I click on after going from a substack to the mainstack is not getting the message. The pasting process works fine if I paste text from fields in the same stack. Still trying to figure out what messages are firing off when clicking on an object in the mainstack after leaving a substack.

Can somebody point me in the right direction and/or offer some advice?

Thanks.
---