iOS app simulation rotated?

Graham Samuel livfoss at mac.com
Fri May 31 06:07:59 EDT 2013

Thanks for the input - I just found the problem. I have started using Scott Rossi's tmControl for buttons etc to give a better look to my app. I didn't know this, but the setup within his subsystem puts this line into a preOpenCard handler of the first card to be opened after the splash:

> iphoneSetAllowedOrientations (the tmControlData["allowedOrientations"] of this stack)

If I comment this out, then the problem goes away.

I had not myself used a preOpenCard handler in this card, so I didn't know the script was there! This is not to blame Scott: it's all because I have only just started using tmControl, so  put it down to ignorance on my part. So far I don't know why this line is needed or where it gets its information from, but I will find out very shortly!

Thanks anyway for your response.

Graham