selectedObjects

Peter Haworth pete at lcsql.com
Thu May 30 12:20:18 EDT 2013

I guess it's my week for running into LC oddities, here's the latest.

Open any stack and select 1 or more controls on it.

In the message box:

put the selectedObjects

You'll see the long ids of the controls you selected, one per line.  So far
so good.  Now in the message box :

put the number of lines in the selectedObjects

You'll get zero no matter how many controls are selected.

I can get round this in a script by putting the selectedObjects into a
variable, then the number of lines in the variable returns the correct
result.

Is this a bug or just some strange side effect of how the selectedObjects
is implemented?

Pete
lcSQL Software <http://www.lcsql.com>