Point in Poly

Dar Scott dsc at swcp.com
Wed May 29 11:44:53 EDT 2013

I like the idea of trying to get within() to work.

But if that does not work, try computing.

Consider a horizontal line through the point.  Find the points where it crosses the line segments of the sides.  (Take care of the special case of a line segment being on your horizontal line.)  Count the points to the left of your point.  If it is odd, then the point is inside.

Dar