text sortType

Andrew Kluthe andrew at ctech.me
Tue May 28 14:46:37 EDT 2013

Ah, I should have been more clear in my example.

Item 1 is a string consisting of a name and a number with a space in
between. The other items I have not provided examples of here, because they
contain information unrelated to the sort  but may have made what I am
trying to do more clear.

If i sort by item 1 I would assume that "MO 8" would be placed before "MO
12" but it stops when it comes to the number.

I beleive this is because the "1" in "12" in the example above comes before
"8". I wish it would consider "12" an entire number in the match, but I
understand why it doesn't work this way because it is using ASCII numbers
to sort them yes?

I always get in the habit of setting the itemDelimiter right before a sort,
so i don't think it's getting changed.