curlyquotes, character sets, livecode, and english

Dar Scott dsc at swcp.com
Sun May 26 18:17:41 EDT 2013

I'm guessing that openoffice can do full UTF8, or at least the BMP (the main group of characters).

Maybe the easiest thing is to allow full Unicode in your fields.  Then convert that to UTF8 and back for the db.  I think folks can help with that.

Embrace Unicode.

An alternative is to tell the db what character set you are using and the same with openoffice.

Dar