Counting problem

Alex Tweedly alex at tweedly.net
Fri May 24 19:10:27 EDT 2013

I see the same problem on both 5.5.3 and 6.0.1 - but testing in the
message box.

Oddly, I happened to notice that if I change the script to be

  put "a,b,c,d,e,f,g,h,i,j" into temp
    repeat 10
       add 1 to counter[any item of temp]
       put counter["b"] into tJunk          -- i.e. I add a single useless line !!
  end repeat

it works just fine every time.
Don't know if that helps you or makes it worse :-)

-- Alex.