postgresql bytea (blob?)

Björnke von Gierke bvg at mac.com
Tue May 21 02:53:07 EDT 2013

Hmm maybe "x7" could indicate it's base15? They used to store ascii in that encoding, because it's "shorter" then 8 bits (base16)... Nope, it's not that, and it'd be (number)x or something like that anyway... fumbling around... what if there's a 0 missing at the start (0x is used for octal, base16, 8 bit)? Of course!

So what I did was encode the base16 codes to numbers and then chars, in a repeat loop (ignoring the x) and in the end i got: "{\rtf1\ansi\a" So that looks about right.

Here's the code:
--
on mouseUp
   put "x7b5c727466315c616e73695c616" into theData

cheers
Björnke

--

Use an alternative Dictionary viewer: