scrolling stack I made

Mark Talluto userev at canelasoftware.com
Sun May 19 05:16:01 EDT 2013

On May 18, 2013, at 11:04 AM, Colin Holgate <coiin at verizon.net> wrote:

> While at the conference I found time to figure out a couple of things. I used arrays for the first time (in LiveCode that is), and I found hardware acceleration settings that worked well.
>
> The test I did was to have a scene doing parallax scrolling. The initial scene is made up of five slices, each 1024 wide, and significantly tall too. Those need to be on the card twice each, so that you can scroll the second copy into view as you move. That went well enough, so I added 101 LC logos to the scene, and it still moved well.
>
> I made changes now so that you can try the effect on desktop, not just on mobile. If you do build this to mobile it uses the accelerometer, otherwise it uses the mouse position to control the scrolling speed.

This truly an amazing demo of what can be done graphically with LC these days.  It is incredibly smooth on my Mac Air.  Thanks for sharing this.
It is very fitting that I am testing it at this moment.  The backdrop looks like the hills over here in Scotland.  I am listening to the bag pipes as they are being played outside my hotel window while flying through the highlands in this demo.  Very cool!

Best regards,

Mark Talluto
http://www.canelasoftware.com