[OT] Playing silly bu**ers with FileZilla.

Richmond richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Fri May 17 15:28:56 EDT 2013

On 05/17/2013 10:06 PM, Warren Samples wrote:
> On 05/17/2013 12:48 PM, Richmond wrote:
>> Chucked out FileZilla and went for gFTP:
>>
>> lovely and simple :)
>>
>> Richmond.
>>

> I used gFTP when I used Mint and it worked well and had all the
> features I needed. I like FileZilla a little better, but it's clearly
> causing you only grief. My needs are very basic and I actually do most
> everything directly from the Dolphin file manager in KDE which lets me
> work with remote directories via sftp as if they were local.
>
> Warren

Thanks for your advice.

I'm an XCFE chap, and, just like GNOME and KDE's file managers, I have
just discovered that

UbuntuStudio (which runs XFCE 4.10) "Connect to Server" will open a FTP
site (ftp://XXXXXX) as a read-only sort of thing in one's web-browser,
or as a folder on the desktop which is read/write enabled.

which, quite frankly, makes me feel bloody silly getting all worked up
about FileZilla and whatnot.

Richmond.