[OT] Playing silly bu**ers with FileZilla.

Richmond richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Fri May 17 12:54:51 EDT 2013

Hey-Ho You Happy Linux Mages,

I have been merrily connecting to my FTP/Web-page site (a subset of
Andre Garzia's site, God Bless him) using
a Macintosh FTP client for about 3-4 years (Cyberduck) which set things
up "licketty-split" [for those of you
who don't know that is a technical term] . . .

. . . all jolly well and good, until I want to do the same from Linux . . .

Now 'FileZilla' gets all "hot and sweaty" [see earlier remark about
technical terms] and tells me all sorts of funny
things about Firewalls and a mismatch with my external IP address . . .

. . .  why this is, I just don't know as I have been happily using
Cyberduck inside Mac OS 10.6 inside VMware Player 5.0.2
on Linux without all this cafuffle . . .

Anyway, FileZilla won't play . . . unless, as usual, I am missing something.

Richmond.