Heirarchy and where the mouseUp signal is detected.

dunbarx at aol.com dunbarx at aol.com
Wed May 15 17:37:59 EDT 2013

Richmond.

If you already have those buttons coded, you have locked yourself into the message hierarchy, and will have to change all the scripts. The hierarchy is fundamental, and a powerful aspect of the language. As you know.

But I don't think changing the scripts is all that onerous. Scripts are a property of an object, and you can set them (not put something into them- they are not containers) in a repeat loop.

Make a copy of your stack before you try this.

Loop through each button script, I hope you can isolate those that you are interested in. Get the script of each, and put the "pass" line into each. Then set the script to the new one.

Something like;

put return & "pass mouseUp" before line -1 of the script of btn "currentButton"

Craig