ClipboardData

dunbarx at aol.com dunbarx at aol.com
Wed May 15 08:58:31 EDT 2013

Hi.

Run this, maybe in a button and with your text already in the clipBoardData:

on mouseUp
  repeat with y = 1 to 20 --there surely must be a few "spaces" in that many chars
    put char y of the clipBoardData & ":" && charToNum(char y of the clipBoardData) into line y of fld "resultField"

  end repeat
end mouseUp

Of course you also need a field named "resultField"

See the chars and their ASCII values in list form. Look for values of 32 where a space ought to be. If there is never any such value, then something very strange is going on, since the space has to be there somewhere, or it would not show in your other venues.

Craig Newman