iOS Audio/Video

Ender Nafi Elekçioğlu endernafi at gmail.com
Tue May 14 13:17:54 EDT 2013

Dan, you're right.
I didn't notice the *iOS Player Control* thing, sorry.

Theoretically, setting the *useApplicationAudioSession* of the player should give the control to the programmer
via creating a sound channel for the playing movie.
{ http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3793839/how-to-adjust-the-volume-of-mpmovieplayercontroller-in-iphone-sdk
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/8741487/how-to-adjust-volume-of-movie?lq=1 }
But I played with it for a while and couldn't make it work, it doesn't have any effect.
Although, it seems that it deprecated in iOS 6, I don't know if this is the issue.

So, it seems that the only option is an ugly work-around
to load a mute video into iOS Player and playing its sound via *mobilePlaySoundOnChannel*.
It's an ugly work-around, indeed.

However, using mergAV external and fiddling with its settings may help.
{ http://mergext.com/home/mergav/ }
They're somewhat complicated, so I can't help there, sorry.

Best,

~ Ender Nafi

~… together, we're smarter …~