ID caching: how to test?

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Mon May 13 03:05:32 EDT 2013

On 5/12/13 8:52 PM, Peter Haworth wrote:
> Anyway, I'm sure there are circumstances where this change would provide a
> significant performance improvement.  I just think they are few and far
> between and would much rather see RunRev spend their time, no matter how
> little, on fixing<insert your favorite bug number here>.  I've seen so
> many software projects get delayed by sneaking in random features like this
> - it's not just the time it takes to code them, it's the time to do the
> various levels of testing, documentation, etc as well.

These things are never done on a whim. RR works on their own customer
projects internally. They not only have their own clients but there are
also some registered users who pay extra to get custom issues addressed
for their development problems. The revision eventually gets added to
the main release and we all benefit.

I'm pretty sure that the new caching scheme wasn't just pulled out of
the air randomly. RR needed it for a reason.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com