postgres talking back on queries again

Dr. Hawkins dochawk at gmail.com
Sat May 11 20:01:36 EDT 2013

I have an open database debtorDb of 11.  I have a text window with psql
running on the same database.  uniq_sfky is

psql likes my query:
dhbk_dbtrs=# INSERT INTO try1_____________001_sofa  VALUES(DEFAULT)
RETURNING uniq_sfky;
 uniq_sfky
-----------
         9
(1 row)

INSERT 0 1
dhbk_dbtrs=#

Livecode does not:

put "INSERT INTO " & dhtbl_sofa & "  VALUES(DEFAULT)  RETURNING uniq_sfky;"
& return into dcmd
put dcmd

shows

INSERT INTO try1_____________001_sofa  VALUES(DEFAULT)  RETURNING uniq_sfky;

--the exact same query (well, I did cut & paste!)

Then using this in a couple of ways

         put revDataFromQuery(tab,vtab,debtordb,dcmd) into theRes
         put theRes
yields
         revdberr,ERROR:  current transaction is aborted, commands ignored
until end of transaction block

Then also trying,
         put revdb_execute(debtorDb,dcmd, res1, res2, res3)into theRes
         put theRes

yields the same error message

Originally, I had these inside BEGIN/COMMIT, but couldn't make sense out of
the errors.

This seems to be valid postgres, and works in psql (which is a minimal
wrapper, I believe).

What is going on here?
--
Dr. Richard E. Hawkins, Esq.