skip lists

Alejandro Tejada capellan2000 at gmail.com
Sat May 11 11:06:57 EDT 2013

Hi Richard,

Richard Gaskin wrote
> Anyone here had occasion to implement a skip list in an xTalk?
> <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skip_list>
>
> If so, any code you can share, or tips?

I found this particularly interesting:
"Skip lists are a probabilistic data structure that seem likely to supplant
balanced trees as the implementation method of choice for many applications.
Skip list algorithms have the same asymptotic expected time bounds as
balanced trees and are simpler, faster and use less space."

Tell me if I am wrong, but this data structure could be really useful
in Data Compression and Artificial Inteligence applications.

Al