Looking for a helper, example, tutorial or something to get LiveCode and Spreadsheet data working together

Andrew Kluthe andrew at ctech.me
Fri May 10 13:52:29 EDT 2013

This has been a need for several people lately, (myself included).
SpreadLib is a commercial-only excel spreadsheet importing library being
worked on by Curry Kenworth. He has several other libraries in the works
regarding Spreadsheets; but, as far as I know, these were being worked on
at this time last year with no official release since then or an expected
release date any time soon. Also, this would not work with the community
edition of LiveCode 6.0

Other options I have seen are leveraging VBScript to interact with
MS-Office, and importing from a CSV or tab-delimited copy of the
spreadsheet data.

There were some threads recently in the list that discussed these options
in more detail. I wish I had a link handy for you right now.