[OT - I remembered this time]

Timothy Miller gandalf at doctorTimothyMiller.com
Thu May 9 16:39:13 EDT 2013

On May 9, 2013, at 7:26 AM, Ralph DiMola wrote:

>  All he could think about was
> A, D, F, G...A, D, F, G...A, D, F, G...

I can't figure that one out. Hint?

Jerry Garcia dies, wakes up in a vast featureless space. Far in the distance he sees a tiny dot. As he walks toward it, he can gradually make out a piano, microphones, a drum set, and so on. He sees John Lennon sitting at the piano. Elvis, Mama Cass and Janis Joplin are ready to sing vocals, and George Harrison is all set to play rhythm guitar. In a guitar stand, there's a Stratocaster, waiting for Jerry.

"Oh my God! There is a rock and roll heaven, and I'm going to play in the band."

Elvis replies, "Heaven?! This isn't...."

Karen Carpenter comes out from backstage, sits down at the drums. In her beautiful placid contralto voice, she slowly says,

"Okay. 'Close to You.'  1... 2... 3... 4...."