Drag and Drop

Richmond richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Thu May 9 16:36:17 EDT 2013

On 05/09/2013 11:07 PM, Scott Rossi wrote:
> Only you can know why you always use that technique,

What? you expect me to know my own mind? LOL.

I use that technique as I tend to use a single stack, or a signle stack
with associated palettes.

>   but with grab,
> there's no way to act upon events/messages while grab is active (thus you
> can't do cursor updates and provide user feedback), and you can't "grab"
> an object across stacks.

Aha; got you.

Why do I have a funny feeling that you could use

mouseStillDown

to get feedback

Ha, ha,ha . . .  I just made a stack containing a button "DRAG ME ABOUT"

and a field "KOUNT"

in the button I have this script:

on mouseDown
    grab me
end mouseDown

on mouseStillDown
    put fld "KOUNT" into KOUNT
    add 1 to KOUNT
    put KOUNT into fld "KOUNT"
    wait 3 ticks
end mouseStillDown

on mouseUp
    put empty into fld "KOUNT"
end mouseUp

Try it, I dare you . . . you get feedback.

Richmond.