automated iOS rejection: Non-public API usage

Mark Wilcox m_p_wilcox at yahoo.co.uk
Thu May 9 10:12:50 EDT 2013

kellymdempewolf <kellymdempewolf at gmail.com> wrote:

> Is there any way that I can work around this to fix it in my own app in the meantime?

Sadly not, this is why I suggested some sort of community supported process as a safety net for Apple rule changes.
Your app almost certainly doesn't use the UDID but the LiveCode engine binary links to the banned method, so you can't pass the automated test until you have a LiveCode commercial build with the offending method call removed.

I could build a standalone with it removed from the community version source code but that can't be used to submit to the app store.

Probably worth adding a note to the bug report and let them know which LiveCode version you're using since they may want to prioritise patch releases for those actively waiting to submit apps.

Mark