[OFF] The Competition

Paul Maguire me at paulmaguire.me
Thu May 9 04:47:37 EDT 2013

On 8 May 2013, at 20:27, "Lynn Fredricks" <lfredricks at proactive-intl.com> wrote:

> You want to talk about competition? What about Director (cue sound of
> crickets...)? ;-)

Diss Adobe but not the venerable Director :-) Adobe had an opportunity to make Director the industry standard creative multimedia authoring tool (as it used to be), but through lumbering monolithic bureaucracy so far have failed to do so.

I can have a multi-display, cross-platform real time interactive 3D application with Ageia physics built and deployed in 15 mins using Director. No other tool out there comes close to Director in being able to rapidly develop creative desktop applications. Recent update to 12 offers iOS support...

I'm a newcomer to LC. The only ingredient missing from it for me is the ability to use accelerated 3D. Other than this, it's my new friend.

Kind regards, Paul.