Data Grid Template stack triggers messages in main stack

Mike Bonner bonnmike at gmail.com
Tue May 7 22:21:23 EDT 2013

Since the datagrid template stacks are substacks if there are no handlers
to "catch" openstack closestack in the grid template stacks they go up the
message path to the main stack where they are "handled" by the openstack
/closestack in the stackscript.  To stop this you could put an empty
openstack/close stack in the template stack, or put in a check against the
target to make sure you actually want the script to run, or you can move
them to the first card in the main stack (the card that is open first when
the app starts)  so that when a substack causes an openstack/closestack
there are no handlers in the stack script to respond to the message.  If I
recall correctly, when the message passes from the substack to the
mainstack it is handed to the stack not the card.