[ANN] simple publisher/subscriber library for LiveCode

Andre Garzia andre at andregarzia.com
Mon May 6 11:18:56 EDT 2013

On Mon, May 6, 2013 at 12:13 PM, Björnke von Gierke <bvg at mac.com> wrote:

> I remember mark wieder once had a talk on one of the conferences about
> something like this. He called it "central station" or "schedule
> central"... don't remember, something with "central"?
>
> I remember that it was more complex (or maybe i'm more familiar with the
> concept now?),  with a unified way to subscribe to messages and functions,
> as well as ways to work around missing subscribers etc.

Hi There Björnke,

Yes, Mark created something along these lines but more complex and with
more features. IIRC it was created in the Rev 2.x era so it probably uses
send calls while I am using dispatch (and thats why I do not care about
missing subscribers). My lib is very minimal but it works. Marks lib had
more features in it. I can't recall where he distributes his library.

Cheers
andre

--
http://www.andregarzia.com -- All We Do Is Code.