[OT] Security for stacks with Community version

Paul Hibbert lc at pbh.on-rev.com
Mon May 6 09:58:12 EDT 2013

Tim,

I came across a topic on stack exchange that you may be interested in…

http://security.stackexchange.com/questions/18720/how-secure-is-filevault-2-while-the-computer-is-in-sleep-mode

There is a link to Apple's white paper on FileVault 2, this may help answer some of your concerns, but you should also be aware of software from here…

http://www.lostpassword.com

It seems if you have $995 to spare you can access almost any password protected file or volume, so they say.

In the end, only you can decide how physically vulnerable your machine is, but to me at least, it does appear that FileVault could be more secure than a just password protected stack, however I'm no expert on file security.

HTH

Paul