changing table owners in postgres from livecode

Dr. Hawkins dochawk at gmail.com
Thu May 2 20:33:17 EDT 2013

Just as I thought I had things under control . . .

All of my tests were with me as users.

I created the role dhbk, and made it the owner of the database.

I created roles inside of that for myself and my assistant.

It seems, though, that I am the owner of tables as they are created.

I can change ownership from psql, but my attempts from livecode aren't
working

I've tried
BEGIN TRANSACTION;
CREATE TABLE blah bla blah;
ALTER TABLE blah OWNER TO dhbk;
COMMIT;

and also a second transaction of just the ALTER, but I still own the tables.

My temporary in-office workaround is to go into psql and change table
ownership, but that's not an option for the shipping product . . .

--
Dr. Richard E. Hawkins, Esq.
(702) 508-8462