Word document indexer

Magicgate Software - Skip Kimpel skip at magicgate.com
Thu May 2 08:45:59 EDT 2013

Good morning LC'ers,

In the "good old days" of using Director, I did quite a bit of work with
PDF files and used a product by INM that handled PDFs beautifully. Having a
tool / library like that here one day in LC would be a dream for me,
however, I digress.

INM had a really nice little utility that was a PDF indexer tool.  You
would point it to a file folder and it would go through all the PDFs in
that folder and index them into a little database extracting and making
them keyword searchable.  You could then turn around and reference these
very easily,

Before I go ahead and roll my own version of this, has anybody done this
with LC in the past?  Quite honestly I was looking to index a large amount
of WORD documents that I could then reference via a text search.

I have scoured around the forums quite a bit but do not see anything like
this for LiveCode.  Just thought I would ask before I spend a copious
amount of hours on this :)

SKIP