revOpenDatabase acting differently in IDE and standalone

Björnke von Gierke bvg at mac.com
Thu May 2 06:54:03 EDT 2013

On 02.05.2013, at 00:05, Peter Haworth wrote:

> I don't think so - standalones are the same as any other executables, they
> have compiled code in them, not scripts.

Just want to note that this is wrong, and standalones do contain all unencrypted scripts as clear text. They also contain field contents, button names and custom properties (which all remain clear text even with a password).

This is of course because the engine actually reads the scripts every time you run one. Part of this is because you can set the script of an object within a standalone (tho for historical drm reasons you can't just set any script length, see the "scriptLimit" property).

--

Use an alternative Dictionary viewer:
http://bjoernke.com/bvgdocu/

Chat with other RunRev developers: