Password protection in non-commercial 6.0.1

Timothy Miller gandalf at doctorTimothyMiller.com
Wed May 1 19:17:06 EDT 2013

On May 1, 2013, at 3:36 PM, Richard Gaskin wrote:

> Timothy Miller wrote:
>> Is LiveCode turning its back on users like me?
>
> Not at all.
>
> All previous versions of LiveCode were commercial versions, and all those features and more are available in v6.0 of the Commercial Edition.  Nothing's changed there.

I have paid $50 to $100, give or take, for several major upgrades to LiveCode, and Runtime Revolution before that, and Revolution Media before that, always for the Macintosh-only version.

I was not offered an upgrade to the commercial version. I was notified automatically that a new version of LiveCode, 6.0.1 was available. This is apparently the non-commercial version.

I just spent some time puzzling over the blazingly commercial and completely non-intuitive interface of the RunRev.com. As far as I can tell, the commercial version costs $500. If so, don't tell me "Nothing's changed..."

Perhaps I misunderstood. I would not hesitate to pay another fee of $50 to $100 for the commercial version.

TM