Education version is what with the Open Source option now

Richmond richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Wed May 1 14:04:53 EDT 2013

> Mark,
>
> The only reason to get the Commercial version of LC would be to password protect your stack/code or, if you intend on submitting an iOS app to Apple's App Store.  Desktop and server use, Android apps or internal distribution are all covered by the Community version of LC's license.
>
> At least that is what my understanding (aided by Heather at RunRev) is of the licensing issues.
>
> Good luck,
>
> Marc Siskin
>
> On May 1, 2013, at 1:55 PM, Mark Rauterkus <mark.rauterkus at gmail.com<mailto:mark.rauterkus at gmail.com>>
>   wrote:
>
> Hi
>
> My Educational version of LiveCode is due for an annual renewal, but what
> does that mean for the new license options.
>
> In the past, Ed folks could not release a commercial product.
>
> Is there any value or sense to an Ed version moving forward with LiveCode.
> I assume not.
>
> Mark Rauterkus

If you are making in-house software for your school then there is no
obvious reason why you would
pay for the commercial version; mind you, make sure that some of your
students are running away with your standalones on their flash-drives .
. . LOL.

If you are planning to "make your fortune" marketing your stuff, then
the commercial version is 100% necessary.

Richmond.