Autosave from field?

Richmond richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Sun Mar 24 17:17:13 EDT 2013

Merry LibreOffice allows one to set it so that it autosaves a document
at a set time interval in case your computer goes wonky, or LibreOffice
crashes.

And a jolly good idea that is too (even if they pinched it from Microsoft).

Now I would like to have the same sort of feature in my "next thang"; the
up-and-coming-and-sweeping-all-office-suits-before-it
'Richmond-Scrubby-Cupboard'
(well, round these parts that's what passes for an office) made,
needless to say, entirely in Livecode.

Obviously, central to my text entry component "Wobbly Word",
there will have to be a field, and any autosave feature will have to
save and/or export
and/or overwrite a rtf and/or html document at regular intervals.

Now what I don't understand is how to have a script working away 'in the
background'
checking the time and autosaving every 2-3 minutes without it
interfering with
user-initiated scripts in the foreground or the reverse.

Richmond.