Unicode Issues

Mark Schonewille m.schonewille at economy-x-talk.com
Sat Mar 23 14:18:58 EDT 2013

Ender Nafi,

Reading your script, I think that the problem is in the Ask dialog
window. If you make your own dialog window, you´ll be able to retrieve
the unicodeText of your own field and use that in your script.

--
Best regards,

Mark Schonewille

Homepage: http://economy-x-talk.com
KvK: 50277553

We have time for new software development projects. Contact me for a quote.

On 3/23/2013 17:56, Ender Nafi Elekçioğlu wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I've developed 17 apps with LiveCode and the unicode has been always an issue.
> I wonder why RunRev doesn't bring a total solution for this.
> There are so many developers around there whose native language is not english,
> thus developing localized apps via LiveCode.
> There are germans, spanish, french, chinese, japanese, korean, russian, …….
> Isn't this a pre-historic issue, I mean which modern development platform doesn't support utf-8 natively?
> Which one does need continuous conversions?
>
> I could solve all the unicode related problems in my iOS apps, but at my current project I'm stuck.
> The app's intended for windows platform.
>
> I have a bunch of option menu buttons which consist different categories.
> The user should be able to add or remove categories selecting the appropriate item in the button.
> Here is a sample stack:
> http://cloud.keehuna.com/0t3c1U3M0A3f

<snip>