Things that make you go Hmmmmm

Richmond richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Sat Mar 23 03:59:42 EDT 2013

On 03/23/2013 05:59 AM, Cal Horner wrote:
> I know that what I just finished reading in Rev-Up is not the case. That the
> sub-headline text:
> "Our whole team is focused on just one goal at the moment - LiveCode Open
> Source".
> Can't really be what is going on there at RunRev.
>
> This must be some advertising hype to make us all "Feel" good. And it does.
>
> But what immediately comes to mind is surely there must be a maintenance
> team at work trying to clear the remaining bugs that inhabit the dark,
> hidden reaches of LC.

Oh, quite; one thing that I feel one should expect from a company that
is producing an open Source product is Openness; and I do think that
RunRev are a bit on the quiet side when it comes to talking
about some of those long-term bugs:

Some are sorted out silently - not good; we need to know; might make
people keener to pay for the next version.

Some are not sorted out and have been lurking in the background for ages.