iOS scroller performance

Monte Goulding monte at sweattechnologies.com
Fri Mar 22 19:05:51 EDT 2013

On 23/03/2013, at 9:51 AM, Gerry Orkin <gerry.orkin at gmail.com> wrote:

> I beg to differ - it's a major problem on both devices. My girlfriend refuses to use one of my apps because she says scrolling the lists of content makes her feel sea sick :(

Yes it's not good. There's only a few ways that I think the problem could be resolved.
 - bind native scrollers to the livecode objects somehow (probably the simplest for everyone apart from RunRev)
 - give us a scroll to command that will smoothly animate the scrolling of a field/group (will work but it continues with the native v LiveCode control issue)
 - implement native table view (much less flexible than the datagrid but it will scroll smoothly... could be done as an external, I have considered it, but again continues with the native v LiveCode control issue)

Cheers

--
Monte Goulding

mergExt - There's an external for that!