Livecode iOS Externals and XCode 4.6

charles at techstrategies.com.au charles at techstrategies.com.au
Thu Mar 21 22:57:30 EDT 2013

> Hmm... I don't know why that would be unless you are using some iOS
> 6.1 only api...

I can set the deployment target to lower versions of iOS, just can't
use the older SDKs.  When I have a device connected to XCode, it shows
the device multiple times under schemes - one for each SDK that I have
installed in XCode.  Only when using the scheme for the device that is
using the 6.1 SDK does it actually link correctly in LiveCode - even
though it builds successfully in XCode.

Not really an issue though, as I believe Apple will only allow
submissions with at least the 6.0 SDK now, and the deployment targets
can still be set lower.

>> Does it just uses a single UIView the size of the screen, or will it
>> create multiple?
>
> one
>>
>> I can see from the examples that you can get the object reference for
>> the main UIView inside the externals code.  However, if you create any
>> native mobile controls through LiveCode, do you know if you can get
>> the object reference to these?
>
> Only using UIView.subviews ...

Ok, that clears some things up.  Thanks for all your help.

Cheers,

Charles.