Livecode iOS Externals and XCode 4.6

charles at techstrategies.com.au charles at techstrategies.com.au
Thu Mar 21 22:05:17 EDT 2013

> OK, At the top of the Xcode window you can choose a simulator or iOS
> Device (it will be the name of a device plugged in if there is one).
> Are you choosing the device?

I was fiddling around with those options quite a bit, but I've managed
to get it working now...

It seems that using iOS 5.1 or 6.0 as the base SDK causes problems,
however if I choose the 6.1 SDK it builds correctly in LiveCode.

On a related note, now that I have it compiled, I am trying to
understand the layout that LiveCode uses on IOS...

Does it just uses a single UIView the size of the screen, or will it
create multiple?

I can see from the examples that you can get the object reference for
the main UIView inside the externals code.  However, if you create any
native mobile controls through LiveCode, do you know if you can get the
object reference to these?

> No problem. If we can get enough people to work out where each other
> are then there may be certain regions with enough for a meeting. I
> suspect Tas isn't likely to be there yet but I could be wrong...

That would be good.  I have only really started working with LiveCode,
so it would be very helpful to catch up with others that have been using
it...  I'm based in QLD.

Thanks for your help,

Charles